Friday

Online Dating Profile Tips


Are you dating to find a mate or a casual fling? Be clear in communicating your intentions up front (especially in profiles). And, in some cases, you could be broadcasting the wrong message inadvertently! Know why you’re choosing to find a date. I must thank the genius of Alison Armstrong for this nugget.
Don’t be afraid to tell the world what you know you cannot handle. Trust me, you’d only be turning off people you wouldn’t want to be with in the first place. This is what is so entirely counter-intiutive about dating - you put your best foot forward instead of your real foot. Don’t cause someone to fall in love with an illusion of you only to be... disillusioned, inevitably.
Even though it’s the truth, I’d recommend against sharing your income level in any capacity. Throwing numbers out there could only serve to attract someone who... is looking for your financial security. That would be an automatic #FAIL on most counts.
Be wary of “beautiful people” who aren’t terribly selective in who they’re seeking. Either it’s spam or it’s someone who has never bothered to think about what they want. If someone doesn’t know what makes them happy, they’ll fail in every single relationship (or have a rocky go of it, at least).
If you’re struggling with writing some kind of profile for an online dating site, think of your own top 10 quirks. For example, I might say: “When I was a kid, I couldn’t eat my bag of MnMs before they were first separated into color piles.” Yes, it’s true for me - but that also provides a potential date a starting point for a conversation/email. Posting trite sentiments like “I’m looking for an honest guy with a good sense of humor” is impossible to address.

12 choses que vous ne connaissez pas les femmes