Saturday

Online Dating Worked for These Two Math Teachers!


DESOTO, Kan. – A numbers guy, Winnetonka High School math teacher Kaleb Stoppel, is strict when it comes to planning.

“My parents and my brother were probably a little tired of me reminding them of what they needed to do,” Kaleb joked.

He’s been going through every detail of Valentine’s Day for the last month or so, and the big moment’s coming up. Kaleb’s starting to sweat a little bit.

The choir’s in place and so is his girlfriend, Allison Blanchard, a math teacher at Mill Valley High School.

He pops the question.

“You’re my one true love. You’re my best friend, and I’d be honored to spend the rest of my life with you. Would you marry me?” Stoppel asked, hopeful he already knew the answer.

“Yes I’ll marry you,” Allison said tearfully.

Given only a minute to adjust to the happy news,Blanchard said it’s about time!

“I’ve been giving him a little bit of a hard time about it, but no, I had no idea it was going to happen here or this way,” she said.

“I’m really shocked that you all are here. That part I snuck- I snuck in.”

The two have been together for five months, but they say that’s long enough.

“When you know, you know,” he said.

“Yes. No doubt in my mind about that. I love him more than anything,” she said.

Allison wasn’t always so sure. The two met on Match.com, and after he showed interest, Allison made Kaleb wait weeks to respond to his message.

“He’s a little younger than me, and I didn’t want a college frat boy,” she said.

After the third date Allison says she knew she wanted to marry Kaleb. The couple’s already set a date for sometime this summer. They say they’re about 90 percent finished with the plans.